The Big Barn Preschool uses the
Kids Sparkz Curriculum!
Our classrooms use curriculum that is:
- Developmentally appropriate
Kidsparkz (Go to Kidsparkz.com if you want to learn more)
Face painting is fun!
Our Guiding Principles
Research shows that children learn by doing, and they need many opportunities to explore and grow. Preschool activities that align with best practices can foster creativity, as well as promote emotional, cognitive, social, and physical development. Developmentally appropriate activities can also build self-esteem and enthusiasm for learning. The adult’s role is to support children’s interests and learning needs.
Our curriculum is based on this philosophy, which is backed by current research findings and grounded in a century’s worth of work by researchers such as Maslow, Vygotsky, Piaget, and Erickson.
Our Program Goals
- The curriculum will be based on current research and sound educational theories of early childhood learning and development.
- We will provide a wide range of hands-on, interactive materials allowing children to experiment and explore their surroundings.
- The activity and project suggestions provided in our curriculum kits are aligned with specific Learning Goals and Objectives.
- The program will encourage involvement of family members in each child’s learning.
- Pre kindergarten and Pre-K children at The Big Barn Preschool will also enjoy learning while playing with the child-centered, multi-cultural, individualized and developmentally appropriate Kidsparkz curriculum to help them reach their fullest potential!